My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://mindsiview.wordpress.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, December 19, 2005

ComControl Bug Fix

A couple of years ago I wrote an article for the Borland Developer Network about the Java Communications API. Based on the hundreds of emails I've received about it, a lot of developers have read the article. I took the example java code from a real world scenario. However, I created a much less involved version for the article. This version contained a bug in the serialEvent() method. The statement: outputStream = serialPort1.getOutputStream(); should actually be outputStream = serialPort2.getOutputStream();. The article text actually references the correct statement. The flaw is in the example code.

I've uploaded a new version of the code Borland's Code Central site. My thanks to all of you who've read the article and sent so many gracious comments. My thanks especially to Steven Ong, the developer who found the bug. Vive la open source!

No comments:

Technorati search