My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://mindsiview.wordpress.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Java Confession

I have a confession to make about Java. As much as I like the language for its portability, features, etc., I hate Java Swing. I understand why Swing is the way it is. But, I don't have to like it. And I don't.

The problem is in order to maintain the "write once run anywhere" philosophy, Swing adds a layer of complexity not present in platform specific GUI development languages. I'm not saying I can't develop in Swing...I can and have on multiple platforms. I'm just saying I will do anything to avoid using it. Often I look for solutions that can be JSP/servlet based instead. While I think that Java is a cool feature rich language, I must confess that, at least to me, Swing is one of its least desirable features.

1 comment:

Xtecuan! Ufo said...

Java Swing is so complex, but is Cool GUI API for designing User Interfaces for Desktop!!!!

Technorati search